Medical Converting Services for Your Most Sensitive Applications
Advantage Converting has been a trusted provider of medical converting services for more than 25 years. As a specialist in medical conversion, we combine technical skill and unparalleled expertise to solve the unique challenges of manufacturing medical solutions. We apply precision, quality, and attention to detail to ensure your products are safe, effective, and innovative.
Advantage Converting provides converting services for thousands of medical products used in various of medical specialties, from cardiology to oncology. We provide medical converting services for surgical equipment, adhesive bandages, burn dressings, and biosensors. Our clean room manufacturing capabilities and strict procedures allow us to ensure the highest quality for the most sensitive medical conversions. Our adhesives, custom die cutting, and continuous roll-to-roll manufacturing capabilities are leveraged to create diagnostic tools, wearable devices, and disposables. Whether you’re building the next generation of an existing medical product or producing the industry’s latest innovation, Advantage Converting will work with you to deliver the medical components you need.
Converting Applications for the Medical Industry
At Advantage Converting, we pride ourselves on our reputation as one of the industry’s top medical converting companies. We aim to understand each client’s challenges and develop a manufacturing solution specific to their needs. Our team leverages advanced technology, medically certified process development and decades of design experience to solve the most demanding challenges in medical manufacturing.
Application examples include:
- Advanced wound care: We convert nonwoven tapes, foils, films, hydrocolloids, hydrogels and other materials into advanced wound-care products like intricate dressings and bandages with pressure-sensitive adhesives.
- Device and disposables: We convert components for sealing and insulation assemblies in monitors, liquid-crystal displays (LCDs) and panels. We also create disposables like anti-fog sponges, nasal strips, pulse oximetry tape and more.
- Microfluidics: Examples of our microfluidic converting capabilities include fluid transport, biosensor layers, DNA separation and cell-sorting solutions.
- Packaging, paper and pads: We apply our knowledge and expertise in medical-grade materials to produce a comprehensive range of packaging solutions for medicines, medical treatments and delivery systems.
- Wearable devices: We manufacture flexible short- and long-term wearable components, including instruments that diagnose conditions, deliver medications and monitor health.
Medical Device Product Converting Services
Our capabilities allow us to fabricate, convert and customize almost any high-performance medical device or system based on your unique requirements. Our precision medical converting services include:
- Die cutting: Our superior technical expertise and advanced manufacturing capabilities equip us to convert the most complex custom die cut materials, from the initial design phases through final production.
- Laminating: Our laminating capabilities enable us to add adhesives to various substrates, apply liners to pressure-sensitive materials and create multilayer packaging solutions.
- Slitting and rewinding: With exceptional raw materials expertise and industry-best converting equipment, we can perform precision slitting and rewinding functions for pressure-sensitive and non-pressure-sensitive materials.
- Clean room manufacturing: Our clean room equipment and strict procedures ensure high-quality, sanitary manufacturing for your most sensitive product conversions. All our climate-controlled clean rooms carry ISO 14644 certification.
Materials for Medical Product Manufacturing
The experts at Advantage Converting understand the physical properties and behaviors of the most common substrates in the medical manufacturing industry. We can help you choose the highest-quality and most efficient substrates that minimize product weight, improve resiliency and enhance the overall user experience. In addition to being a 3M Preferred Converter, we work with materials from some of the industry’s most recognized manufacturers.
Several examples include:
Q: What is medical converting?
Medical converting is the modification and assembly of various materials during the manufacturing of a medical product. Often, individual components are the output of a converting process, and those components are assembled to produce the finished product. There are a variety of medical converting processes, including laminating, die cutting, and slitting and rewinding. A wide range of materials are used in medical converting depending on the product’s specifications. Often, these materials are medical-grade, and the converting processes take place in a clean room.
Advantage Converting has provided medical converting services for more than 25 years. Medical converting applications include advanced wound care, medical devices and disposables, microfluidics, wearables, and flexible packaging.
Q: What medical quality certification does Advantage Converting have?
Advantage Converting is ISO 13485 certified. Our clean rooms are certified as ISO 8 / Class 100,000 and ISO 7 / Class 10,000. We have multiple clean rooms that are available for all converted goods.
Q: How does Advantage Converting maintain traceability for medical products?
We provide material lot traceability as well as give all production runs a unique manufacturing lot identifier. We also can provide RoHS and REACH documentation when applicable.