Converting Services for Aerospace
Advantage Converting is at the forefront of the aerospace industry. We’re proud to provide converting services to major aircraft manufacturers, satellite developers, and engineers looking to break world flight records.
Advantage Converting provides a full range of converting services, as well as prototyping and custom die cutting, to help manufacture components used in the aerospace industry. These include cockpit control panels, radio frequency interference (RFI) and electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding, and vibration dampeners.
Manufacturing and Converting Applications for the Aerospace Industry
The experts at Advantage Converting are committed to thoroughly understanding every project and developing an optimized solution specific to each client’s manufacturing requirements. Our team has years of combined experience solving the most complex challenges in aerospace converting, including:
- Bonding and joining: Our bonding and joining processes protect aerospace instruments and systems from potentially harmful elements like dirt, dust and moisture while offering an alternative to metal fasteners.
- Batteries: Our state-of-the-art manufacturing processes allow us to produce high-performance battery solutions, including products that maximize operating efficiency while minimizing potentially harmful emissions.
- EMI and RFI shielding: Our EMI and RFI shielding solutions help manufacturers ensure the long-term performance of their most sensitive electronic and digital products.
- Electrical insulation: Electrical insulation is designed to protect an aircraft’s most sensitive components and systems from excessive heat and noise interference.
- Surface protection: We offer several surface protection processes vital for adding toughness, increasing functionality and safeguarding components during flight, including laminating and adhesive solutions.
- Gaskets and sealing: Besides filling the gaps between mating surfaces, seals and gaskets in the aviation and aerospace industry are critical for protecting against corrosive fluids, flames and high temperatures.
- Vibration and noise dampening: Vibration-dampening solutions enhance aerospace performance, reliability and safety while minimizing noise exposure for passengers and crew members.
Die Cutting, Laminating, Clean Room and Other Manufacturing Services for Aerospace
Advantage Converting’s manufacturing knowledge, exceptional design expertise and superior converting capabilities deliver industry-best solutions that aerospace companies can trust. We offer a range of services to support various manufacturing applications, including:
- Die cutting: Our die cutting capabilities enable us to convert even the most complex and intricate aerospace instruments and systems.
- Laminating: We can perform various laminating functions critical to aerospace manufacturing, including bonding multilayer products, dissimilar materials and adhesive backing.
- Clean room manufacturing: We offer the highest-quality clean room manufacturing solutions for the most sensitive aerospace components.
- Slitting and rewinding: Our unparalleled material expertise and advanced slitting and rewinding equipment make us an industry leader for slitting material critical to aerospace conversion.
Materials We Use for Aerospace Product Converting
At Advantage Converting, our experts have extensive knowledge and experience working with a comprehensive substrate range. Our team strives to help clients identify the most effective material solution for each aerospace product application. Besides being a 3M Preferred Converter, we work with materials from some of the industry’s top manufacturers.
Some examples of the substrates we handle include:
Q: When do I need a clean room?
Clean room manufacturing is primarily used when manufacturing sensitive materials that can be easily contaminated or affected by particles in the air. For example, at Advantage Converting, we have used our clean rooms to manufacture advanced wound care products, solar panel components, and vibration dampeners for the aerospace industry. However, a clean room can be used for any converted good. Our experts can work with you to determine clean room requirements for your project.
Q: What manufacturing processes does Advantage Converting perform in their clean rooms?
We can perform any manufacturing process in our clean rooms, including custom die cutting, laminating, slitting and rewinding, and roll-to-roll manufacturing.
Q: What is clean room manufacturing?
Clean room manufacturing is the use of an enclosed area with strict environmental controls to manufacture sensitive components. The controlled environment – or clean room – limits the presence of dust, airborne microbes, aerosol, and chemical vapors to prevent environmental contamination of sensitive components, such as those for medical, electronic, and aerospace applications.
Advantage Converting has multiple clean rooms that are available for all converted goods. Our clean rooms are certified as ISO 8 / Class 100,000 and ISO 7 / Class 10,000.