Industrial Converting Company
Converting Services for Industrial Manufacturers
For over 30 years, Advantage Converting has served as a trusted supplier to industrial markets. We specialize in converting thin, high-performance films, foams, paper, various polymers, membranes, tapes and adhesives. We provide innovative solutions to a wide variety of markets, including consumer products, semiconductors, home appliances and packaging. This level of expertise has earned us a reputation as a dependable resource for concept development through production for businesses around the world.
We provide converting services to a variety of industrial manufacturers, including:
- Consumer products
- Electronic instrumentation
- Hard disk drives
- Home appliances
- Computers and peripherals
Manufacturing and Converting Applications for the Industrial Sector
At Advantage Converting, our team is committed to understanding your project and developing a solution tailored to your unique manufacturing needs. We can produce a limitless range of products for various industrial applications, including:
- Batteries: We manufacture battery components using high-quality materials and state-of-the-art equipment for industrial processes like automation, electrification, power and robotics.
- Electrical insulation: Our industrial conversion capabilities enable us to manufacture custom insulation solutions based on your specific protection requirements, from temperature and rigidity to chemical and moisture resistance.
- EMI and RFI shielding: We engineer and fabricate electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI) shields to ensure the long-term protection and functionality of your most sensitive industrial devices.
- Surface protection: Our masking and surface protection solutions use laminated substrates and adhesives to shield electronics and other devices from scratches and scuffing, ensuring a long service life.
- Vibration dampening: Our vibration-dampening products protect against vibrations, shock and noise while delivering superior cushioning properties.
- Bonding and joining: We can help you choose the optimal bonding and joining solutions material based on your product’s surface texture, size, shape and required adhesion strength.
- Gaskets and sealing: We make gaskets and sealing products from various materials — such as foam, rubber and tape — to maintain pressure, block leakage and prevent contamination in assembled industrial components.
Industrial Converting Solutions
Our team leverages decades of experience in the industrial sector to improve existing designs and increase conversion efficiencies with modern equipment and advanced technology. With proven capabilities in various manufacturing processes, we help clients bring their innovative products to market quickly and effectively.
Services we offer include:
- Die cutting: Our industrial custom die-cutting services can handle all your conversion needs, whether your product requires a simple one-step process or several manufacturing phases. We can also design and build specific die-cutting equipment to maximize conversion efficiency while improving product quality.
- Laminating: Advantage Converting’s industrial laminating services allow us to improve the strength, appearance and stability of your products by utilizing high-performance adhesives, applying a liner to a pressure-sensitive substrate or using a customized coating unique to your needs.
- Slitting and rewinding: We can convert various material types at the highest production speeds using our advanced slitting and rewinding equipment, including sizes ranging from 0.5 millimeters to 76 inches wide.
- Clean room manufacturing: Our industrial clean room conversion solutions allow us to fabricate and assemble components for high-performance applications requiring a clean and controlled manufacturing environment
Materials Used for Industrial Manufacturing
Two primary reasons for Advantage Converting’s success are our superior material expertise and long-standing relationships with many of the world’s top suppliers. We pride ourselves on helping clients choose the most practical and cost-effective material solutions for each conversion project. Our 3M Preferred Converter status and various industry certifications exemplify our commitment to quality and superior service.
We have decades of experience working with various materials for industrial manufacturing applications, including:
Q: When do I need a clean room?
Clean room manufacturing is primarily used when manufacturing sensitive materials that can be easily contaminated or affected by particles in the air. For example, at Advantage Converting, we have used our clean rooms to manufacture advanced wound care products, solar panel components, and vibration dampeners for the aerospace industry. However, a clean room can be used for any converted good. Our experts can work with you to determine clean room requirements for your project.
Q: What manufacturing processes does Advantage Converting perform in their clean rooms?
We can perform any manufacturing process in our clean rooms, including custom die cutting, laminating, slitting and rewinding, and roll-to-roll manufacturing.
Q: What is clean room manufacturing?
Clean room manufacturing is the use of an enclosed area with strict environmental controls to manufacture sensitive components. The controlled environment – or clean room – limits the presence of dust, airborne microbes, aerosol, and chemical vapors to prevent environmental contamination of sensitive components, such as those for medical, electronic, and aerospace applications.
Advantage Converting has multiple clean rooms that are available for all converted goods. Our clean rooms are certified as ISO 8 / Class 100,000 and ISO 7 / Class 10,000.